The fortnightly Family Mentoring Group provides an intensive, small group opportunity for qualified practitioners to advance their skills in working with families.
Mentoring Groups are supportive and collaborative. Learning will be via training and feedback from Jacqueline McDiarmid and peer feedback and support. Group members commit to maintaining confidentiality as well as respecting and supporting their peers.
Outline: Each two-hour block will include:
- Presentation and discussion of theory.
- Case presentation and discussion - practical.
- Homework task.
- You will learn how to set up a session and engage with more than one person in a room.
- You will learn circular questioning, hypothesising and summarising.
- You will learn how to maintain neutrality and manage conflict.
- You will learn the common pitfalls and how to navigate around these.
- You will learn how to manage your own anxiety and triggers to personalities in the room.
- Through group work you will gain insights to your strengths and weaknesses as a practitioner.
- You will gain the confidence and skills to work with more than one person in the room - especially if there is high conflict.
- You will be supported by your peers and be exposed to ongoing network opportunities.
8 easy payments of $225+GST due prior to each session or $1,800+GST for the whole course
- Sixteen hours of face to face group mentoring.
- Eight hours of homework tasks and preparation for participant.
Total of professional development hours =
24 - You will receive a certificate on completion of the course to present to your professional body for PD hours.
**You will receive a certificate on completion of the course to present to your professional body for PD hours.
242A Oxford St, Paddington, NSW
All sessions to be held from 10:30am - 12.30pm on the following dates:
- Friday 9th February 2018
- Friday 23rd February 2018
- Friday 9th March 2018
- Friday 23rd March 2018
- Friday 6th April 2018
- Friday 4th May 2018
- Friday 18th May 2018
- Friday 1st June 2018
For further information and to register please email Jacqueline McDiarmid direct at email@example.com.
**Please note these are small groups and numbers are capped. Therefore, it is important that you are able to commit to these dates. You may miss a session but payment must be made for all sessions regardless of notice given. If you miss a session you will be emailed the handouts for the day.