Working with Affairs and Other Betrayals
Conference venue: UTS Short Courses Venue, UTS Building 10, Level 7, 235 Jones Street, Ultimo
Date: Saturday 16th November 2019
Time: 9am – 4pm
PD Points: 7
Even experienced Therapists can be challenged by couples who present with this issue - as you'll know if you've ever been in a room with a hostile
couple whose emotion, voices and even physical states are escalating out of control.
If you are a less experienced Therapist wanting to do more work with couples, you are likely to come across this issue in your future work.
In this seminar, Jacqueline McDiarmid will help you contain each person in the room, keep the session safe and on track. You'll also learn how to manage your own reactions and possible anxiety.
This seminar, held in Sydney, will be practical and highly relevant to your couple work. Learning will be via practice-based presentation, discussion, group work and case presentations.
Here’s what you can expect from the training:
- You’ll be guided on ways to manage the highly-charged conflict and crisis that an act of betrayal can provoke.
- You’ll learn what to expect in this work and how to plan for it with your clients after you have had the first session.
- A step by step template will be provided which you can integrate into your own work as appropriate.
- There will be an emphasis on discussion around ideas of neutrality, boundary setting and maintaining engagement and a balanced session.
- You will be introduced to a variety of techniques and tactics to help you engage a couple in this kind of crisis and to maintain hope throughout
- There will be a discussion on common pitfalls in this work and ways to navigate safely through them.
- You will learn ways to manage your own anxiety, triggers and concerns, if they arise.
- These ideas will be based on systemic theory (you will be expected to have some assumed knowledge).
Jacqueline will share her extensive knowledge, clinical experience and practical approaches and methods throughout the day.
Normally priced at
Earlybird price (Ends 31st October 2019) $265+GST
THIS EVENT IS NOW CLOSED
Jacqueline McDiarmid MCFT, B.Couns., Dip. Psych, is
the Director of the Sydney Couple and Family Specialists, a private practice in Sydney and the Director of The Couple and Family Training Centre
where she runs professional development training sessions and a mentoring program for those who wish to work in couple and family therapy. She
currently lectures in the Masters program at the Jansen Newman Institute and guest lecturers at various universities. Jacqueline is well known
for her work with couples and families and is passionate about offering clients the opportunity to experience a safe and productive place to work
with well trained Couple and Family Therapists. Jacqueline is a Clinical Member of the Family Therapy Association of Australia and a Clinical Member