The Monthly Couple and Family Mentoring Group provides an intensive, small group opportunity for qualified practitioners to advance their skills in working with couples and families.
The Mentoring Group meets with Jacqueline McDiarmid once a month on a Monday. Group numbers are capped and
Mentoring Groups are supportive and collaborative. Learning will be via training and feedback from Jacqueline McDiarmid and peer feedback and support. Group members commit to maintaining confidentiality as well as respecting and supporting their peers.
Each two-hour block will include:
- Presentation and discussion of theory.
- Case presentation and discussion - practical.
- Homework task.
- You will learn how to set up a session and engage with more than one person in a room.
- You will learn how to construct a genogram swiftly and how to use this in the room with clients.
- You will learn circular questioning, hypothesising and summarising.
- You will learn Structural ideas.
- You will learn how to maintain neutrality and manage conflict.
- You will learn how to set up sessions with adult families, adolescent families and young children families.
- You will learn how to work with a family where there is a diagnosis of AD/HD or ASD level 1.
- You will understand when you should be working with other professionals to support your work and how to set this up.
- You will learn how to work with step-families and blended families.
- You will learn what you need to know from a legal perspective when a couple is separating or you are working with a separated family.
- You will learn the common pitfalls in this work and how to navigate around these.
- You will learn how to manage your own anxiety and triggers to personalities in the room.
- Through group work you will gain insights to your strengths and weaknesses as a practitioner.
- You will gain the confidence and skills to work with more than one person in the room - especially if there is high conflict.
- You will be supported by your peers and be exposed to ongoing network opportunities.
8 easy payments of $225 + GST due each session or $1,800 + GST for the whole course. Payments are made by direct debit either by credit card or your bank account.
- Sixteen hours of face to face group mentoring.
- Eight hours of homework tasks and preparation for participant.
Total of professional development hours = 24
-You will receive a certificate on completion of the course to present to your professional body for PD hours.
Location: 133 Dowling Street, Woolloomooloo. Plenty of street parking.
All sessions to be held from 4.30pm - 6.30pm on the following dates:
- Monday 22nd July 2019
- Monday 12th August 2019
- Monday 9th September 2019
- Monday 28th October 2019
- Monday 18th November 2019
- Monday 16th December 2019
- Monday 10th February 2020
- Monday 9th March 2020
For further information and to register please email Jacqueline McDiarmid direct at
**Please note these are small groups and numbers are capped. Therefore, it is important that you are able to commit to these dates. You may miss a session but payment must be made for all sessions regardless of notice given. If you miss a session you will be emailed the handouts for the day.